Sunday, May 17, 2015

Life after College



Life after College




The summer of 1955 held a fast series of events that I have trouble remembering in detail.  There was plenty to do on the ranch and it seemed hotter weather than usual.  Dad’s trailer had been moved back to the ranch and parked beside his little house.  I used it as my bunk house which offered a degree of privacy and by opening the window on one end and the door on the other, it was like sleeping in a wind tunnel.  I was writing at least one letter a week to Marie.  There were so many things we hadn’t had time to work out such as details of the wedding, choice of best man and who she wanted as her maid of honor.  I thought it would be great to have Dewey as our best man if he was available.  Then there was the date of the wedding and if we were going to plan a reception afterward.  Of course so much still depended on where and when I found a job.



*Taken from "Which Road Should I Follow?, Volume 2, Roles and Responsibilities of an Educator", an autobiography by Edwin K. Hill.

No comments: